Friday, January 16, 2009

What's the date?

I have to tell you that it's been a few years since I bought a wall calendar. Not because I'm disciplined in the use of a daytimer, or a PDA... no, just because I don't like the way they look! I just rely on my email for the date. ;) So, when I was hankerin' to make something other than a layout with the SUPER YUMMY IAAS January kit, I thought of doing some sort of wall hanging. Then it came to me to do a calendar instead of a picture wall hanging! I was thinking to print off my own calendar (found online) and staple it to cardstock and use it that way, but my dh said he had one of the little free ones. (Do companies still really give these out? LOL) That saved me some work, so I'm not complaining! I simply cut out the bird element from the Webster's pages from the SUPER YUMMY IAAS January kit and covered up the picture on the free calendar! I will simply move it on to the next page, each month. I used corregated cardboard as the base, both for practicality(stability) and style. In addition to the kit, I added a few small ribbon flowers (from the bridal section of the craft store) and a few other embellies that matched, and a few pearls, just for fun. I used the distress stickles from the kit to outline several of the flowers, just to make them stand out a little. I also added some lace fabric over the top of the cardboard. So, if you don't have a 2009 calendar yet, pull out your January IAAS kit and get to work!











5 comments:

dstandard said...

Gorgeous Sandi!!! What a creative idea!

Elizabeth said...

I agree! What a totally fab idea, this is really beautiful!!!

Holly said...

This is SOOO creative!! Wow this DT rocks!
I LOVE all the detail Sandi - it's gorgeous!

scrappermimi said...

Your attention to detail is second to none! Fabulous!

Jeune Girl Crafts said...

Thank you for posting this. I have a calendar holder that is sitting empty and this might be the inspiration I need to get to work!