Thursday, January 22, 2009

Green foam challenge

One of my assignments this month was to use the green foam in the January kit in a unique way. I decided to use it as my title area on a layout. By doing this I was also able to incorporate other items from the kit into my design!

First, I cut the green foam to make a smaller section.

I used the Martha Stewart glittering glue to adhere the Beadazzles from the Jan kit.

Glob it on - it dries clear (love that!!)

While the glue was still wet, I sprinkled my Beadazzles on top.

Then a secured a ring of the kit's buttons around the edge of the foam (also sticking into the glue). I left this overnight to dry.

Then I used the distressed stickles to create an accenting circle inside the buttons. You can give that time to dry or be very careful working around it as you finish making this look.

I adhered a chipboard #3 (from a previous kit) to the green foam and painted it with acrylic paint.

Then I used the kit's fun MM tiny teal alpha stickers to complete my title. I always use an exacto knife to place these little things (in case you were wondering)...

And here's my completed project! TFL! And ABSOLUTELY try this at home...:)
Products from January kit:
Webster's Pages/Hello Beautiful and Bloomin Beauty
Coredinations Cardstock - Coconut Cream
Bazzill Just the Edge cardstock cuts
Ranger distressed stickles - orange marmalade, broken china
Foof-a-la Bella buttons
Chipboard heart
MM tiny teal alpha stickers
Green Foam disc


Elizabeth said...

How totally cute and really creative too!!!!

scrappermimi said...

Girl, you totally rock! Absolutely totally creative out of the box idea!

dstandard said...

OMG you are just so darn creative! What a cool idea!

Sandi said...

AMAZING!!!!!!! What a FABULOUS idea!!!!!!!! Beautiful LO!