Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Having fun with Gel-a-tins

In this month's Therapy Kit, you've probably noticed by now a fabulous stamp set by Gel-a-tins--you may have wondered how to use this stamp set--well, I'm going to show you a fun way to make your own "patterned paper" from the Core'dinations cardstock. You'll need:

cardstock (I choose the teal colored)
Gel-a-tins stamp set from the Therapy Kit
black ink pad
ruler
pencil with eraser

I cut the cardstock for my card 6x12 inches. Using my ruler, I lightly graphed one inch by one inch lines across the front of my card, making a graph pattern.


After making my lines, I stamped the damask shaped stamp onto the cardstock, staggering the images as I worked my way up the card.



After the ink has dried completely, lightly erase your graph lines off of the card, being careful not to rub the stamped images with your eraser.

When I was finished, I added some patterned paper to my card, layered some hand cut Pink Paislee flowers (from the May kit) with the Maya Road metal blossoms from June's Scrap Kit, and within 20 minutes had a really fun card to give to a friend!!



Happy Scrapping!!

~~Kary

5 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great card Kary...awesome instructions!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Easy technique for a cool card!

marcibun said...

Wow, those are awesome stamps. Fabulous Card!

Holly said...

This is GORGEOUS Kary!!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

WOW love how that background looks!