Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sparkle Chipboard Christmas tree card



It was fun to give some bling to this chipboard tree in a completely different way then I had ever tried before. The main secret is the embossing powder. It is Opalescent by Clearsnap. The longer you heat this powder, it changes colors. Very interesting. But before I used the powder, I did some prep work so the instructions below define that.


SPARKLE TREE/MERRY CHRISTMAS card
Materials:
Solid cardstock – WORLDWIN Papers/Pure White/Treasures
Shimmer cardstock - Bazzill
Circle template – Coluzzle
Patterned paper – Best Creations, Inc.
Chipboard tree and star – Cosmo Cricket
Rub-on Christmas greetings – Bo Bunny Press
Fluid Chalk stamp pad – Clearsnap
Glitter brad – Making Memories
Peel Paint and Scattered Straw Crackle paint – Ranger
White Pigment ink – Colorbox/Clearsnap
Opalescent embossing powder – Clearsnap
Gathered ribbon – Making Memories

Directions:
1. Cut cardstock to make a 5 ½” square and fold it. Using a circle template (I used Coluzzle) position the circle over the side where the fold is so that when you trace or cut the circle, you are leaving a portion of the fold in the circle.
2. Cut a smaller circle from the Shimmer cardstock and a still smaller circle from the patterned paper and glue these layers to the front of the card.
3. Using the Fluid Chalk stamp pads, ink the outside edge of the card and the edge of the patterned paper.
4. Using a hand-held punch, punch two holes INTO the fold and thread the ribbon from the inside of the card to the outside and tie this in a knot or bow.
5. Paint the chipboard tree with the Peeled Paint Crackle Paint and paint the star with the Scattered Straw Crackle Paint. Let the tree dry and while the paint is still wet on the star, sprinkle glitter on it. I used a very fine glitter.
6. Rub the white, Pigment ink stamp pad all over the painted tree, making sure to get extra ink along the edges of the tree. Sprinkle this with the Opalescent embossing powder, pour off the extra embossing powder and heat. This embossing powder reacts to the heat by changing colors a little bit depending on how long you heat it.
7. Attach the star to the top of the tree with the glitter brad and attach the tree to the card, putting it a little off center.
8. Add the “Merry Christmas” rub-on greeting to the card front.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO Hey I'm still alive.. LOL.. so glad you started blog. I love blogs.

Tammy said...

Love this card...so cute!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty!

Irene said...

Great technique. I'll have to try it.

Elisa K said...

Linda I love this and I printed out the directions for when I make cards this weekend. Thanks a bunch

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Beautiful card!!!

Lynda

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Linda this is beautiful!
I can't wait to try that embossing powder! Such a cool product.

~Lynn

marcibun said...

How very cool! I can't wait to try this.

Kelly said...

To bad I've already made and mailed all my cards. I'm saving this idea for next year! Thanks.

Holly said...

This is beautiful Linda!