Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Saturday Pond Crafts Acrylic Snowflake Wall hanging


Ok, I have to say - this was SO FUN to make! I used the acrylic snowflakes in the Little Pill Kit to make this decorative wall hanging - my kids LOVE IT! (They think it's actually going to bring snow LOL!)

Here are the instructions:

1. First peel off the lining on the acrylic snowflakes (yes, Lynn is laughing at me right now)

2. Ink the snowflakes with a white ink (I used Colorbox Frost White which came in a previous kit)

3. Emboss with clear embossing powder.
Note: If you emboss with aluminum foil under the snowflakes, they will not warp as much. I tried it with and without the foil and I liked the without the best to add dimension)

4. Accent the snowflakes with stickles. I'm not too great at the doodling thing, so I placed a doodling rubon under the snowflake and traced it with the stickles.

5. Ink your grungeboard letters. I applied the white frost color first, let it dry and then applied a blue. Then I accented the edges of the letters with Cinnamon stickles.

6. Adhere the letters to the snowflakes - use a strong adhesive, especially if the snowflakes warped during the embossing process.

7. Connect the snowflakes with ribbon (I only punched holes in the top one), hang the mittens on the bottom flake and Wallah!





















I covered the Cosco Cricket chipboard mittens with K & Co paper, some white Bazzill and added the ribbon. I punched holes in the tops of the mittens so I could hang them from the snowflake and inked the edges.




















Close up of the detail.

3 comments:

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Holly this looks great!
And it's such a cool project. Way to think outside the box!
Thank you for the tips too.

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

Wow! So fun!!! Love the doodling and Stickles accents... Great Job!!!

~Karrilee~

Linda Beeson said...

Those are just amazing! They just look almost good enough to eat! LOVE that they warped!