Saturday, January 12, 2008

LOOKING AT THE PAPER IN A DIFFERENT WAY

My first thought in looking at these papers by Prima was to see what flower I would want to color in and what color I should make them. As I took at look at a scrap on my desk (yes, I just love scraps on me desk, so much inspiration comes from them!), I wondered what would happen if I left the flowers and vines white and colored the background? This is the result. Again, I reached for my watercolor crayons and watercolor brush. I like to take the brush tip to the end of the crayon and "take" color off of the crayon. With this paper, it is easy to keep adding coats of color until you get the intensity you were looking for. The ending was simple, I added a few self adhesive pearls and my card was finished.




Here's a close up look at the flower that was left without color being added to it and my pearl accents.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love what you did with this paper! Great idea and I might have to use that one ;) Also, thank you Scrapaholic for the wonderful RAK I received in the mail. I posted it on my blog.

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Oh Linda this is a great idea!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great idea!!!

Holly said...

Awesome idea! you are so creative!!

~Karrilee~ from Abiding Love, Abounding Grace said...

SO great! I need to get my hands on some of this paper... you all are making me 'need' it!?!?! (and yes, my husband thanks you!) tee hee! So pretty! Love the non-traditional take on it! So fun!
~Karrilee~