Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 2009 Kit

Happy New Year!
*
It's a new month so a new kit, and it's a new year with a new design team. I'd like to take a moment and welcome our new design team: Beth Root, Debbie Fitzgerald, Debbie Standard, Elizabeth Carney, Lynda Lindley, Mette Kallander, Mimi Leinbach, and Sandi Peiffer! And to thank everyone who applied to the call. The work was amazing and we thank you for your interest.
*
I would also like to take a moment and thank the 2008 design team. You guys are amazing and I have enjoyed having you on the design team, getting to know you better and see the amazing things you've done with the kits has been a pleasure. You will always be very dear to me and I treasure our friendships.
*
We are celebrating Love this month. As many of you know I try to avoid themey kits but will use themey items at times. With Valentines Day next month we have a kit full of love and chocolate to warm your heart. Ladies, the images on-line do not do justice to the Webster's Pages "Hello Beautiful" line of papers. They are pretty on-line but they are even prettier in real life. You will be amazed. The papers are fun and easy to use for a variety of layout themes, however they are perfect for love theme LOs.
*
I am so please with how well the Bazzill Just the Edge barkley diecuts match the paper this month...and if you don't use them all this month don't worry, they look nice with the February papers as well. And the stamps in the Therapy kit are just too stinkin' cute. Love love love how they work with the papers. Watch for a tutorial using the Get Rollin' tool with the stamp sets.
*
Watch for tutorials on making the flower pot project from the Addict kit. We have a couple of variations on the project for you. So if you don't feel like making a flower pot -no worries, there are so many other uses for it...as well as the other items in the kit.
*
And oh the gemstones in the Scrap kit are precious...they vary in size and can be used for so many different LOs. Use them for flower centers, on tags, or even on the chipboard postage stamps. The possibilities are endless. I just love these!!!
*
Don't forget about the warehouse sale -you can get to the sale page from the homepage. Round one will be ending soon and round two will include paper.
*
~Lynn

3 comments:

Becky said...

welcome to the new team. I know you will do fantastic. I sure loved my year with IAAS!!! Thanks ladies for a fantastic year and a chance to work with gorgeous kits!

Debbie said...

I'm thrilled to be part of the team! The Jan kit is gorgeous!

dstandard said...

I am thrilled to be joining this great group of girls and can't say enough about my first kit. I started playing yesterday and have been drooling over these inadinkado stamps. I am trying to find a way to incorporate them on each page!