Friday, January 30, 2009

Let's Use Those Stamps!



We all have them.
We all love them.
And....we all love to look at them in their pretty wrappers!
Now, we need to make sure we use them.

Acrylic Stamps.

I decided that I was going to use my Jan. IAAS Addidict's Kit stamps to make my own paper background. I took my flowered stamp image, adhered it to a acrylic block, and stamped around my completed layout. Using your Jumbo Get Rollin' Stamp Roller will also work well with a combination of stamps, but I decided to use this one stamp in particular. You can definately stamp prior to adhering your paper products, but I wanted to make sure the flowers outlined the layout and emphasized the photo. I like how the roses coordinated with the rose in the Webster's Pages paper. Background stamping is a simple and quick technique, using regular white stamp ink. Stampoing on solid cardstock changes the entire look of your layout.

For additional effect, one could add glitter, stickles, or even paints to this layout to give it an entirely different effect. I chose to stay with the basic white. Whatever floats your creative muse, is what I say!

4 comments:

dstandard said...

WOW this is gorgeous - awesome job and yes I LOVED my stamps!

Sandi said...

GORGEOUS Beth!!!!!!!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great layout!

Holly said...

That background paper is amazing! I didn't realize that was the stamped part when I first looked at it! This rocks BEth!!