Monday, May 19, 2008

**Trying my hand at an 8.5x11 layout**

I wanted to break away from my traditional 12x12 layouts and try something fresh for a change--This months kit is filled with so much that I had a really hard time choosing which embellies and papers to use for my layout! Lynn has really outdone herself with the May kits and I used a little bit of everything from all of the kits this month! My favorite was the felt flower from Creative Imaginations--you can do so much with these flowers just by adding a little bling, or some Stickles, or just adding a simple metal brad in the middle like I did just adds a "WOW" factor to your design! If you have some embellies left over from April's kit, just pop them onto your layout--I discovered that the embellishments from last months kit work wonderfully with May's kit!!
Have fun with your kits, and I can't wait to see what you create!!


by the way, I'd like to introduce my new grandbaby, Rigo---his mommy is my newly adopted daughter and they are both incredible!! I'm sure you will see lots more of them in the next few months!!

4 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Amazing layout Kary!!! Congrats to you and your new daughter!!! (and grandbaby!)

Mary Jo said...

My goodness, this is gorgeous!!! Such beautiful color and design, just stunning!

Holly said...

Your layouts always make me smile Kary! They are so bright and cheerful - LOVE all the element you used....as always! You rock!

Linda Beeson said...

He is way too adorable and I so love what you did here! LOVE that you tried a different size and those supplies are so perfect in everyway.