Monday, May 19, 2008

May Grafix Rubon Tutorial

WOW! - this "create your own rubon" product gives you endless flexibility when creating your projects. A lot of times I'll be half way through completing a layout and I'll wish I had left room to print a title, design or journaling somewhere on my background paper. Well, I've already started adhering, so running my background paper back through the printer isn't an option. With the graphix rubon, you don't have a problem. Just make that missing part of your layout into a rubon and "rub it right on!!

For this layout, I wanted to create more butterflies to go with the CI felt butterfly in the May kit. I found my butterfly images online and printed them onto the graphix rubon.


Then I used the watercolor pencils from the January kit to color in the butterflies (any colored pencils will work).



where's my baby?
Holly Pittroff


I put the adhesive on both butterflies to complete the process of making them rubons and then decided to make only one (the smaller one) a true rubon.


I put the adhesive on both butterflies to complete the process of making them rubons and then decided to make only one (the smaller one) a true rubon.


I loved using this product! I'm going to do another layout and tutorial using the graphix rubon...so keep your eyes peeled!

4 comments:

Kary said...

How cool, Holly!! I love this technique--thanks so much for showing me how to do this!!

Linda Beeson said...

This is unbelievable what you did with that product! I am so thinking I need to play with it. LOVE your examples and if you are going to do more, I can't wait.

marcibun said...

What a great product! I was unsure about how to use it, but now that I've seen your sample - WOW! I love it.

Anonymous said...

Help!! I loved your sample and had to run out and get my own Rub-Onz, but I'm having such a hard time removing the liner from the adhesive sheet...the adhesive keeps pulling away from both sheets sticking to itself & creating wrinkles and bubbles before I can even apply it to the printed film. Do you have any tips??