Sunday, August 31, 2008

September

We are rockin' this month with Rusty Pickle's Pop Star papers! I cannot tell you how much fun this kit was to put together. Okay, I really enjoy putting the kits together but this one made me stretch a little more than usual. With black and white papers there are so many ways things can go...and besides black and white paper is not normally my thing. However when I saw this line back in February I instantly knew I wanted it! The ideas whirled around so fast. So prepare yourself for a colorful kit!
*
These papers are great on their own or colored. And there are so many different ways to color them. Please note that Rusty Pickle informed us that they were not designed to be used with paint...like that would stop me and I wouldn't be surprised to see a design team member or two use paints with them. LOL. They are designed to work with markers or pencils. And honestly, I let my daughter color on one with her crayons and they worked great.
Also in the kit this month are new puffy alphabet stickers from American Crafts -Chit Chat. Love the puffiness to them and also the actual font is fun with theses papers. And the color Tangerine is fun, bright, and packs a punch on layouts.
*
Again, this is a colorful kit. And one thing I love about Scrapaholics is that if something isn't the right color they change it. Note the hand on Visiting Therapist Susan Kleist's layout titled "sshh", she painted it white for her layout.
Watch for sketchs, tips, and tutorials from the design team. They are sure to inspire you!
*
~Lynn

No comments: