Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A fun Glimer mist technique

When I got my first bottle of Glimmer mist I wasn't quite sure what to do with it. I mean there has to be more ways to use it then just spraying it on your projects to get droplets right. So of course me being me and just can't use anything the way it's intended for I have to find lots of ways to use it, mix it etc. I'm not sure there is a name for this technique as I just came up with it playing with the stuff, but I'm sure there are others who have either done the same thing or something similar.

Products that you will need:
ATG card
Glimmer mist (any color)
2 different color Tim Holtz ink pads
Tim Holtz sponge ink tool
Clear medium like (making memories clear glaze or crystal effects)
Rubber Stamps
Heating tool

Step 1. Take your ATG card and one of your Tim Holtz ink pads (I choose blue jean) and Sponge tool and ink up your ATG card


Step 2. Take your clear medium and squeeze out your desired amount.


Step 3. Take your Glimmer mist and shake it up and spray 5-8 sprays in with your clear medium.
Step 4. Mix it up. (If it isn't your desired color add another or a couple more sprays of glimmer mist. )
Step 5. Take a sponge paint brush and paint it all over your ATG card.
Step 6. Take out your rubber stamps and with nothing on them Stamp all over your ATG card. You can use one big stamp or several small ones.



Step 7. Take your other Tim Holtz ink (I chose a dark brown) and your sponge tool and ink all over your card again.

Step 8. Take out your heating tool and run a few passes of heat on your ATG card.


Step 9. Shake up your Glimmer mist once again and spray it into or onto something and do not mix it with anything this time. Now take out a clean sponge paint brush and brush the glimmer mist all over your ATG card.


Step 10. Take your heating tool once again and run a few passes of heat along your ATG card to help it dry faster. This is what it will look like when it's done.


Now you are ready to finish up your ATG card or you can use it like an embellishment like I did.


Here is a close up of it on the layout.

I would love to see how you use this technique or if you have a good glimmer mist technique come on over to the I am a scrapaholic message board and share your glimmer mist technique with us. I know we would all love to hear it and see some examples.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, aren't you clever!!! So many layers and a fun finished product!

Jennifer Davis said...

Oh, thanks for this! I have some and have been perplexed to say the least on what it is I am to do with it!

I'll be sure to share once I've tried it out now though!

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great technique Elisa!

Holly said...

What a great technique Elisa! I'm loving the finished product and how it looks on your lo!

Becky said...

oh that is super cool!