Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Altered Star



If you got the therapy kit this month, and I know lots of you did, since it is now sold out, you will have recieved one of these metal stars. They don't take much effort at all to turn them into a very cute home decor item. I made mine into a welcome sign for my front door. Simply cover each point of the star with a different patterned paper and you have almost all the decoration need. I added some lettering, and some cut our circles from matching paper which I layered with foam dots. Some hanging stars and it was ready to hang.


A couple of tips:

*I cut paper for one point then used that as a pattern for the rest.

*I used double sided tape to adhere the paper so I didn't have to try to hold it while it dried.

* Cover both sides of some chipboard stars with paper. String together with embroidery thread.

7 comments:

Holly said...

This is such a cute idea Alicia! Love what you did with the star!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

AMAZING! You did a great job with the Melissa Frances Tin Star! Love the idea of the theme and thank you for the tips -especially the doublesided tape one.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great job Alicia!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the look!

Linda Beeson said...

YUM! What a really neat creation and it will look amazing hanging on your wall!

Laura Achilles said...

Very cute Alicia! This looks terrific!

Elisa K said...

I love this... I really love the stars that are hanging down... Way to rock it.