Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Acrylic Mini Ornaments

I love to play around with items and make little things. When I saw the acrylic tags in the November kit I knew just what I wanted to make. During the holiday season I put out 3 trees. One...which is my miniture tree...sits in my scraproom so why not make some mini ornaments :)

First I took some scraps from the kit in various patterns.


Then, using diamond glaze, I adhered the acrylic tags to the patterned paper. Making sure to move it around so that the glaze can get all over the tag. This way the paper sticks better and doesn't tend to peal up at the corners. Once it has dried I then took my xacto knife and went around the edges cutting off the excess paper.

Aren't they cute :) But for added effect...I added some of the chipboard from the kit. Punch the hole thru the paper and just use a ribbon or an ornament hook to hang it in your tree.

5 comments:

Holly said...

This is such a clever idea! I can just see this little jewels on one of those mini trees! Thanks for the idea!

Jennifer Davis said...

Great idea, this is something that I never would have come up with! Thanks for sharing!

Linda Beeson said...

Clever! Love the look.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome idea....great tutorial!

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Becky these tags are fabulous!