Saturday, October 11, 2008

Having Paper is a Good Thing

Our scrapbook paper doesn't have to just be used for scrapbook pages and cards. Depending on the weight of the paper, there are so many fun projects that can be created. Mine is the most perfect way to give a friend a gift. After all, it is about the packaging!!
My bag is about 4 1/2" tall and 6" wide. I used directions that I found online at One Little Spark. Basically you are going to use a 12" square piece of paper. I used my Scor-Pal because it is just so handy for things like this. I scored at 3" and at 9", I turned the paper and then scored, from the opposite direction, at 4 1/2" and at 7 1/2". Folding the sides of the bag aren't hard, they are just a bit tricky so you need to read the directions that she gives on One Little Spark.
My handle was created by cutting a 5" x 12" piece of paper and then I folded it so that it ended up being 2" wide. You can see in the photo that I used 2 brads on each side for cute accents but also to hold it all together. I did partially glue the handle on and glue the sides closed.
The whole reason this project started is because I just HAD to cut out one of the flower designs from the Harvest Bouquet patterned paper. I accented it with the Metallic Fabric Dimensional paint, that looks almost like pearls when it is dry. I also used green Stickles. The butterfly is punched with my brand new Martha Stewart punch and I coated it with copper Stickles.

Thanks for visiting, Linda
The papers are from the October I Am A Scrapaholic kit
Patterned paper – Harvest Bouquet, Fall Leaves and Rusted Dots/Loverly Collection/g.c.d. studios
Scallop circle punch – Marvy
Metallic Fabric Dimensional Paint – Tulip
Copper Stickles/Ranger
Butterfly punch – Martha StewartBrads – Karen Foster

Tonic Paper Distresser

5 comments:

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful project Linda!

Holly said...

what an adorable gift bag! I LOVE the cutout piece on the front!

Becky said...

gorgeous

I AM A Scrapaholic said...

Love this bag!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!