Friday, March 14, 2008

ADDING INTEREST TO PATTERNED PAPER

I loved the flowers on this piece of patterned paper from the March I Am A Scrapaholic Kit so I cut them out. After I had cut out what I wanted which included the stems and leaves I "painted" the design. I used a bottle of Gloss Accents first of all. It has a fine tip to make it easy to place it on the cut out piece. For some of the areas I added more interest with blue glitter glue which is called Stickles. This was set aside to dry thorougly. When dry, I used a couple colors of Fluid Chalk stamp pads to rub those pads along the cut edges. This is typically called "inking". The great green shades that I used of these stamp pads just added to the colors that were already in the print.


A NOTE OF THANKS card
Designer: Linda Beeson
Materials: Solid Cardstock – Worldwin PapersPatterned paper – Manhattan collection/Autumn Leaves (flower cut from one of the prints)
A note of thanks stamp – Hero Arts
Fluid Chalk stamp pads – Clearsnap
Stickles – Ranger
Gloss Accents – RangerRhinestone – Me & My Big Ideas

No comments: